Jeff Graham held top tech positions at mega-companies such as the New York Times, Google, and Twitter. But a few years ago, he decided to switch course and get into the nascent and unpredictable cannabis business.
The move might seem crazy, but it made perfect sense to Graham.
“I’ve always felt that the higher risk move from a career perspective is the better one,” he says. “But also there’s an aspect of cannabis, which goes beyond just the economy of it, which is the fact that cannabis is a social good. Cannabis gives people a lot of comfort…And being part of the normalization and providing access to cannabis is really important.”
His company, Pistil Data, has built a mobile app that enables salespeople at cannabis brands to identify their best-selling opportunities in retail locations.
Pistil recently closed a $6.5 million seed round led by Snoop Dogg’s Casa Verde.
On the podcast, Graham talks about:
- The problem Pistil Data is solving that other data companies aren’t.
- What social media got right and wrong
- Bans and shadow bans on cannabis companies
- His thoughts on Elon Musk and Twitter and how this might affect the cannabis industry.
- Why he’s been so successful on LinkedIn